INFORMATION FOR ETAS
Everything you need to know when
considering competing with us
WATERLOO KING TRILOGY FESTIVAL Sep 11-13/15
The festival is being held in Waterloo, Ontario at the Waterloo Inn & Conference Centre, 475 King St N.
\\SCHEDULE (subject to change/additions)
Friday Sep 11, 2015: 6pm - 1am
No contest round. There is an Alter Ego Contest during the after party (5 etas can perform as another tribute for a cash prize as chosen by the audience). The slots are available to registered ETAs on a first come first serve basis.
Saturday Sep 12, 2015: 1pm - 1am (Doors open at 12pm, noon)
Rounds 1 and 2 of the King Trilogy Peoples Choice Contest. These will be rounds of one and then two songs (subject to change) each to tracks.
There is an Alter Ego Contest during the after party (5 etas can perform as another tribute for a cash prize as chosen by the audience). The slots are available to registered ETAs on a first come first serve basis.
Sunday Sep 13, 2015: 10am - 4pm (Doors open at 9am)
Gospel Showcase hosted by Brent Freeman. We have openings for a few registered ETAs to perform during the hour. Slots are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
Finals of the King Trilogy Peoples Choice Contest, two or three (subject to change) songs with tracks.
\\ABOUT THE CONTEST - REGISTRATION OPEN!!!
More than $2500 in prizes! Plus scarf prize pack from JL Creative Designs!
Registration is OPEN. REGISTER HERE Deadline is August 10, 2015 - FIRM!
It's all Peoples Choice! NO Judging. We have a BRAND NEW fresh approach to Peoples Choice contests! We feel everyone has a GREAT chance to win prizes!
How the King Trilogy Festival Peoples Choice Contest works:
We will register approximately 20 competitors. We will assign each ETA at random to a pool of 3-5 other ETAs. The audience will receive a ballot for each ETA pool (of 3-5 competitors) and be asked to fill out their picks after each pool has gone. This means, that our audience won't have to remember at the end of a long show who all their favourites were! At the end of the first and second rounds (Saturday), we will announce the winner of each pool (4-6 ETAs). The winners will win a great cash prize and will advance to the second/final round on Sunday! We will also offer an additional 2-4 'Wild Card' spot for ETAs with the highest score in Round 1&2 who did not win their pool.
On Sunday, the audience will choose their favourite of the Pool and Wild Card Winners to be our Grand Champion! Our Grand Champion will win an additional cash prize and will receive an offer to headline a future King Trilogy Festival brought to you by King Attractions!
* Round 1 on Saturday: One song to tracks (this will act as a rapid-fire format so the audience can see the whole line-up)
* Round 2 on Saturday: Two songs (subject to change) to tracks. Audience will vote every 3-5 ETAs. Winners announced at the end of the round
* Finals on Sunday: Each pool winner and "Wild Card" winners (4-6 ETAs) will perform four songs (subject to change) with tracks. Audience will vote at the end and the overall champion will be named
* Don't wait! Register now and we will follow up with song selections later. Limited slots available.
Each pool winner and "Wild Card" winners will recieve a cash prize. Overall champion named on Sunday will receive an additional prize and an offer to headline a future King Attraction Event.
* Compete in our Alter Ego Contest during the after parties! This is first-come first-serve! Limited to ten total ETAs, half will go on Friday night and the other half on Saturay night. (Two separate contests) You will perform one or two songs as another tribute to tracks (Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, etc... ANYTHING YOU WANT!) and the audience will decide the winner via applause. This is for fun but your chance to win some extra dough!
* One guest is permitted per registered ETA (they will receive a voting ballot)
* There will be an area provided for ETAs to sell merchandise
* Contest rules will be provided after registration
* We have secured a special rate with the Waterloo Inn for ETAs and festival goers. We will provide more information upon registration.
* We want to create a super-fun environment for us all to pay tribute to the best entertainer who ever lived, Elvis Presley! Enjoy yourself, mingle and promote your talents as an ETA all at once.
Contact us with more questions! We will also update this page with answers as they arise.